Wow its been a while since I updated my blog, I have been so busy with work and just generally not interested in spending every second of my day on the internet. Blogging is fun, but I dont take it super seriously as I enjoy living my life and interacting with people in person.
Anyway, since summer is approaching and frankly its already getting damn hot here in Dubai here are some tips to keep you looking Hot and not like a sweaty drenched camel...
- SPF!!!!!!! Guys seriously, were not in the 70s anymore, wear sun protection of a minimum of 15, we all know now how bad UVA and UVB rays do to our skin. By the way, UVA rays are the ones responisble for Ageing, and UVB rays for burning...so yes both happens whether your dark skinned or fair.
- To keep foundation lasting all day, or atleast a good 8 hours, wear a mattifying primer. Especially if you have oily skin.
- Keep blotting pads with you instead of re applying powder which by the end of the day you will most definately look like the wax version of Joan collins in Madame Tusauds.
- Avoid using bright colored lipgloss..unless you want to look like your drooling (and not because there's a hot lifegaurd staring at you)
- Cream blush looks gorgeous and natural and gives you that youthful glow!
- Avoid wearing so much eye makeup, especially in the day because lets be frank it never really stays perfect in this weather anyway
- Please please blend your foundation into your neck, seriously! =)
- If your going for the fake tan, GET IT RIGHT or just skip it. If using bronzer, apply it where you naturally tan on the higher planes of the face like the cheekbones, temples etc. Looking like an Oompa Loompa or a carrot for that matter wont get you a free cocktail!
- Waterproof mascara and eyeliner is best suited for humid weather, keep the racoon eye/Goth look for winter! (yes it was in vogue last season)
- Use a highlighter, why? Because its beautiful. It gives you radiance and makes you look like J Lo. Just avoid really shimmery ones unless you want to look like a disco ball.